It’s that time of year again! Most of us find ourselves offering to host or pitch in during our holiday celebrations. We’ve decided to offer up some recipes that we enjoy and hopefully you will too.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
If you are looking for a healthier way to get the traditional sweet potato on the table this year, this is it! This recipe is based off of two potatoes, but the measurements are easy so you can easily adjust for your party size. You will be glad you tried it.
- 2 large sweet potatoes or yams
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- Nutmeg to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ poke holes in your sweet potato, and bake until soft (approx 45 minutes to an hour)
- Remove potato from peel and put all of your ingredients in a
food processor (super smooth) or mixer (traditional)
- Blend until you get the desired consistency and serve warm!