Many diets are rarely successful in the long term. That’s why making small changes to your existing diet can result in longer lasting results.
Try these tips and lose weight the healthy way without the backlash of immediate weight gain afterwards.
Make 2015 about you and get yourself back into a healthy lifestyle !
- Eat breakfast and drink 2 cups of water within 30 minutes of waking up. Eat at least every three hours throughout the day.
- Meals and snacks should be high in protein, healthy fats, and high-fiber, colorful carbohydrates.
Eat inflammation-reducing foods. Avoid foods that increase inflammation.
- Try smaller portions – use your palm, visuals, & measuring cups.
- Choose one of your favorite foods. Eat one serving every day!
- Be mindful when you eat. Limit eating with the TV on, while working, driving or on the go. Focus on your food, chew thoroughly, and try to taste the flavor in your food.
- Ask yourself “why am I eating this and what function and benefit (or harm) does this food have on my body’s health”?
- Keep a journal and weigh yourself daily to see the temporary weight fluctuations foods and fluids have on your body.
- Your last meal should be 3 hours before bed. Brush your teeth after dinner to reduce night eating.
- Try to get 7 hours of sleep.
- Practice deep, diaphragmatic breathing/relaxation 3 minutes a day.
Stress makes you store fat!
- Drink water or tea throughout the day aiming for eight cups of liquids. Dehydration causes you to eat more food.
- Do high intensity/interval exercise and lift weights to build muscle to boost your metabolism and burn fat 24 hours a day!