The holidays are a great time to try new recipes. Between classic pies and sweet breads pumpkin is a versatile ingredient. Try this Pumpkin ice cream recipe this holiday season for a sweet treat.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
For Cinnamon Crumble:
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In large bowl beat cream on high speed for several minutes until stiff peaks form with electric mixer.
- 2. In a separate large bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3. In a separate small bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon; set aside.
- 4. Once cream is whipped, fold it into sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin mixture.
- 5. Pour half of ice cream mixture into a regular-sized loaf pan and sprinkle half of brown sugar mixture over top; top with remaining ice cream and top with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- 6. Wrap well with saran wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm.