It’s not uncommon for patients that experience a milder form of COVID-19 to experience longer-lasting symptoms. To help patients combat these lasting physical ailments we have created a Rehab-19 Program designed specifically to restore energy for healthy active bodies. If you have recovered from COVID-19 and you’re not quite feeling like yourself yet, our licensed team of physical therapists can help get you the rest of the way.
Some impairments that can last several weeks or months after COVID include:
- Decreased lung capacity
- Decreased strength
- Decreased balance, mobility, and difficulty walking
- Decreased endurance
- Abnormal breathing patterns
- Muscle aches and pain
- Musculoskeletal pains from coughing/bed rest
- Chronic fatigue
To help patients overcome these obstacles, our clinicians will provide patients with a comprehensive evaluation to develop an individualized treatment plan to overcome impairments. Once your evaluation is complete, you will begin to work on your personalized reconditioning program. Both in-clinic and virtual appointments through Telehealth are available for this treatment plan.
The types of strategies that may be included in your REHAB-19 recovery program may include:
- Aerobic activity
- Low-intensity resistance training
- Soft tissue stretching/mobilizations
- Balance and fall prevention techniques
- An individualized home exercise program
By choosing to go to physical therapy for a REHAB-19 program you will be back to your normal energy levels in no time. Our clinicians are experts at helping patients get back to their best selves. The benefits of physical therapy after COVID-19 include:
- Improve cardiopulmonary endurance/stamina
- Improve balance and mobility
- Return to work, sports, hobbies, and normal activities
- Restore flexibility and strength
- Improve breathing mechanics
Rehabilitation programs for patients that have spent time in the ICU are also available. If you are having trouble getting back to your former activity levels, or simply don’t quite feel like yourself, we’re here to help!